Create an impressive blog on WordPress while learning the features and options of this popular blogging platform.
If you thought blogs were dead, think again!
The 2013 State of Inbound Marketing report from HubSpot reveals that nearly 50% of businesses acquire customers from leads generated by their blogs – just behind Facebook and LinkedIn.
Your blog could become the determining factor in a customer’s decision to choose you over your competition.
Blogging can help you market your business, establish yourself as a thought leader, get the word out about your causes, and make yourself more attractive to potential employers.
This condensed and comprehensive course will get you up and running using WordPress.com to its full potential in no time.
Business owners, entrepreneurs, marketers, social media strategists, students, job seekers, and casual bloggers will all benefit from taking this course.
Follow author, developer, and new media pioneer, Deltina Hay, as she walks you through the process of setting up and developing your WordPress blog in her typical no-nonsense teaching style.
Using a real-world example from scratch, Deltina shows you hands-on how to:
- Take full advantage of the many features and settings within the WordPress platform
- Publish optimized blog posts with embedded links, images, video, and galleries
- Utilize all the WordPress formatting options within your posts and pages
- Choose the right theme for your blog, and customize it to your liking
- Use posting formats to get the best exposure for your embedded media
- Create static pages, custom menus, and populate your sidebars (columns) with widgets
- Integrate your blog with your other social media accounts, create custom widgets, and implement other advanced features
Don’t put that blog off any longer! Take the course today, and be blogging like a pro tomorrow.
Deltina saves you so much time with takeaways, great summaries, and bonus info. Deltina’s pace was perfect… Looking forward to her other courses and highly recommend taking this one. –Debbie E.
This course quickly and easily explains WordPress to anyone who is just starting out or has used it for awhile like me. I’ve learned it myself on an as needed basis as I created sites. This course really helped fill in the blanks! –Sandy O.
Author: Deltina Hay
DeltinaU founder, Deltina Hay, is the author of The Bootstrapper’s Guide to the Mobile Web and The Social Media Survival Guide. Deltina developed the graduate, Social Media Certificate program for Drury University, and serves as the board chair of the Independent Book Publishers Association.