Flickr and Other Image Sharing Communities
Want to get more exposure and improve search rankings?
This course begins with an introduction to media communities like video, image, and document sharing communities. The course walks you through creating an optimized Flickr account, optimizing your image uploads, and integrating Flickr and other image sharing sites with your social media presence.
Course lessons include:
- Introduction to Media Communities: This lesson provides an overview of media communities in general, and discusses how to optimize your media community accounts and how to optimize your content for sharing.
- Introduction to Flickr: This lesson gives an overview of the image sharing community Flickr, including an overview of the Flickr platform, how Flickr is used, and an introduction to the Flickr mobile app.
- Creating an Optimized Flickr Account: In this lesson we explore Flickr settings, features, and privacy options. We also outline how to create an optimized Flickr profile, and how to upload optimized images.
- Integrating Flickr with Other Platforms: In this lesson we explore ways to integrate Flickr with other social media platforms, how to share Flickr images, and Flickr stats.
- Instagram and Other Image-Sharing Tools: In this lesson we explore other image-sharing communities like Instagram, as well as image-sharing mobile apps.
This course is only available to certificate students.
Author: Deltina Hay
DeltinaU founder, Deltina Hay, is the author of The Bootstrapper’s Guide to the Mobile Web and The Social Media Survival Guide. Deltina developed the graduate, Social Media Certificate program for Drury University, and serves as the board chair of the Independent Book Publishers Association.